I read Homo Deus, then Sapiens. Read this one just to complete the series. Most of the ideas or lessons in this book are extended from Homo Deus. About technology threatening human race.
AI might seem scary, but it is not. It is fast becoming the norm of computing. Computing won’t be just about doing calculations or performing fixed algorithms, but to digest huge datasets which humans simply can’t do and help us make better decisions.
“21 Lessons for the 21st Century” is a book written by Yuval Noah Harari, a historian and philosopher. The book covers a range of topics related to the current state of the world and the challenges facing humanity in the 21st century. Here are some key points from the book:
- The rise of artificial intelligence and automation will fundamentally alter the nature of work, and we need to start preparing for this shift.
- The spread of fake news and misinformation is a major threat to democracy and the stability of society.
- The rise of nationalism and populism is a response to the anxieties and uncertainties of our times, but it also poses a threat to global cooperation and stability.
- The increasing power of algorithms and data analytics is giving companies and governments unprecedented control over our lives, and we need to be vigilant about protecting our privacy and our rights.
- Climate change is one of the biggest challenges facing humanity, and we need to take urgent action to address it.
- The rapid pace of technological change is making it difficult for individuals and societies to adapt, and we need to develop new skills and ways of thinking to thrive in the 21st century.
- The rise of religious fundamentalism and the decline of faith in traditional institutions like government and the media are creating a sense of moral confusion and uncertainty.
- The growing gap between rich and poor is a major source of social and economic inequality, and we need to find new ways to distribute wealth and opportunity more fairly.
- Publisher : Random House Publishing Group; Reprint edition (August 20, 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 416 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0525512195
- ISBN-13 : 978-0525512196
- Item Weight : 1.1 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.97 x 1.02 x 9.01 inches